Baby Showers are fabulous! I love attending these joyous and adorably themed parties. I love the smell of frosted cupcakes or cake as much as I enjoy eating them, the smell of scotch tape on wrapping paper, the stories mothers tell the expectant mother, all the adorable tiny clothes and the smell of baby lotion!!
The newest trend in baby showers has become the baby welcoming shower. This type of shower has wonderful advantages to a "traditional" shower.
- The mother may drink a glass of champagne!
- The guests who could not attend the birth will be able to view the new bundle
- It's a great opportunity for the new parents to receive gifts, not that they are expected, for the child they may not have received prior to the birth
- The theme to the shower is already so easy; The new baby!
- The shower can be made more personal and intimate while the mother can learn those always wanted parenting tips. Ha!
- The shower can be made to feel less formal and can even be in the form of a BBQ
- No games are required
- Have lots of hand sanitizer
- Make sure the mother and/or father have adjusted to the new busy schedule of being parents
- Make sure no guest who attends is ill
- You could even suggest the guests help the new mom to scrapbook pictures of the baby while at the shower
- While this can be a less formal event, make sure you still accommodate the wishes of your honorees
These can be a great alternative to the traditional pre-baby baby shower and have gained popularity over the past couple of years. So if the unexpected occurs during your pregnancy or you would like to introduce your new joy to everyone at once this is a great option.