Northwest Arkansas has a full week of activities this week and starts off with the 10th Annual Bikes, Blues and BBQ. There will be plenty of noise, crowds and lines -which made me think of this weekend's Bridal Show at the John Q. Hammons Center in Rogers, AR. The doors open at 12:30-5:00 with the fashion show at 4:00pm. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased online and at the door. They can also be purchased at any of the following:
Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville, AR
Northwest Arkansas Times in Fayetteville, AR
The Benton County Daily Record in Bentonville, AR
Herald Leader in Siloam Springs
So, how do you manage all of the commotion, information and marketing material you will be provided? Follow these simple steps to make sure you make it out alive, informed and ready to start the planning process!
1) You will sign in at a registration table and be provided a bag full of materials. Make sure to sign in; not only is it beneficial to the participating vendors, but it enters you into great door prizes. Make sure to bring a pen or pencil, some vendors may even be handing them out!
2) Come prepared with what you are looking for. Do you need a photographer, DJ, Caterer, Florist, etc.
3) Keep an open mind about the vendors that are participating. You may not need their services now, but may decide on them later in your planning process or may decide that your current vendor doesn't quite suit you like you thought.
4) You will be given a listing of all of the vendor booths. As you visit the booths, make notes about them. Did you like their personality? Professionalism? Did something about their booth stick in your mind? Did they offer a door prize, etc. You may think you'll remember them, but you will be in information overload and will need something to jog your memory when you get home.
5) Each vendor will be seeing TONS of prospective clients and will try to get to them all, so it is greatly appreciated if you come with a list of questions prepared that you want to know about them, their business, services, availability, and so forth.
6) Vendors will also be offering all sorts of coupons, discounts and "Book Now" specials at the show. If you like the vendor and have seen their work, why not go ahead and book them at the show and take advantage of the savings. If you still aren't sure about booking them, look to see what their calendar availability looks like. Some will have lots of vacancies and some will book up entirely at the show!
If you already have your wedding date and ceremony location picked out the event should be like being in a candy store! You will have a sea of eager and energetic vendors looking for YOUR business.
This is the "one stop shop" for your wedding planning needs. There is no running around town meeting with tons of vendors, surfing the internet and making phone calls. It will be right here, in one spot. The only thing missing will be....ME! I will be there, but I won't have a booth until the 2010 season.
So...by taking a minute to register, make notes about vendors and come prepared with the services you are looking for and all of your questions you should leave ready to start or wrap up your wedding planning on Monday! :-) The next step will be to schedule a consultation with me to see how I can pull all of this into YOUR perfect day!