Friday, October 30, 2009

Calderon Halloween Party

On Saturday October 24th, we threw a Halloween Party for the Calderon's and a packed house full of their dressed up guests.


I just love this! Her husband actually did the work, we just provided the instructions. I think it turned out great.






I painted wooden wall letters to spell "Boo" and threaded them with an orange Halloween ribbon. I stained cheese cloth in tea to give it the mummified appeal and stationed felt spiders on top; A hit with the little ones!



The main food station before the goodies.
We were feeding the masses so I prepared:
  • Swedish meatballs
  • Black Bean Salsa
  • Seven Layer Dip
  • Quiche
  • Mummy Munch (Puppy Chow)
    Fondue Bar


What a centerpiece! I just love making these.



It may remind you of this



The couple actually spent three hours tracing and cutting out these bats!

The fireplace before the full effect:

After:
I colored the water, added floating candles and painted letters to spell "EEK". These were placed at the bottom to help anchor the silk web.




The couple and their guests played Murder Mystery, Limbo (a huge hit), Guitar Hero, Smash the Pinata and more games well into the morning. I think a great time was had by all!
























No comments:

Post a Comment